We are still very much enjoying the summer at the moment although we only have around a month left until we start heading towards the cooler autumn periods.
The UK school holidays are also starting to near a conclusion and you may well have found yourself looking for ideas on what you can do with your children and dog over the break. We have put together a last minute post on 15 things you can do with your dog outdoors which should hopefully inspire you to fill those last remaining days of warmth.
- Go for long walks
- Go on a road trip in the car to somewhere new
- Go to the beach (where dogs are permitted)
- Visit a lake where you can all swim
- Plan a doggy play date with friends
- Play fetch in the garden or on an open field near your home
- Take a walk in the park or local National Trust
- Play in a paddling pool
- Play in the garden sprinkler together
- Take a trip to a dog-friendly garden center
- Visit a dog-friendly restaurant which are becoming more popular
- Cook a meal on the barbeque in the back garden or park
- Go camping
- Make an outdoor obstacle course
These are just some of the few ideas we could think of which will help to get you and your family outdoors.